At the end of 2020, Instagram introduced Reels Shopping, adding another e-commerce feature to their arsenal of tools for creators. Needless to say, the monetization potential is enormous, and we’re here to help you make the most out of it.
In this blog post, you’re going to learn everything about how to sell through Reels, from inception to creation and cash earning. Ready to make big bucks? Read on!
What is Reels Shopping?
Reels Shopping offers Instagram users another way to discover products on the platform. However, the juiciest part is that shopping in Reels offers you, the creator, a way to sell on Instagram.
The way it works is similar to shoppable posts. Reels viewers can tap on the “View Products” button to either discover more details about the tagged products, save them, or purchase them without leaving the platform.
This straightforward buying process is heaven-sent for brands who want to increase their selling chances. At the same time, it’s great news for creators (we’re looking at you over there ?), paving the path to more brand collaborations.
Benefits of tagging products in Reels
Tagging products in Reels is beneficial for brands, creators, influencers, and viewers alike. In fact, everyone can find something great in using Reels Shopping, whether it is more exposure for brands, new information for viewers, or a more significant income for creators.
Here are some of the most significant benefits that Instagram prides itself to bring through Shopping Reels:
Reels with tagged products have more discovery chances. Why? Because these have the opportunity of being displayed in the Reels tab, where millions of users await.
Subsequently, Shopping Reels also enable brands to educate the public about specific issues or deliver new product info in an engaging manner. This makes product collaborations with creators even more gratifying.
What are the requirements for Reels Shopping
To be able to sell through Reels, both you and your brand collaborator must be approved for Shopping from Creators.
That being said, to start tagging products in your Reels, you must first be on that brand’s list of approved accounts. That means that a brand you’ve just started a collaboration with will have to:
- Go to their account and tap “Settings”
- Select the “Business” tab and then hit “Shopping”
- Choose “Approved Accounts” and add you on their list of partner creators
This way, you’ll instantly get access to the brand’s product library, and you’ll be ready to start selling with Reels.
Needless to say, the brand you’re working with must be approved for Instagram Shopping.
How to sell through Reels in 5 easy steps
Once you’re connected to your brand partner’s product library, you’re ready to tag items in Reels. Before you dive into posting though, take your time to go through your strategic approach and make sure that what you’ll deliver is in line with the visual identity and personality of your brand collaborator. Then, proceed!
- Open the Reels option just as you usually do when you want to upload a Reel.
2. Record your Reel or upload it from your phone. This is the moment to stun your audience with transitions, filters, and effects.
3. Hit “Next”, upload your cover image, add your hashtags and mentions.
4. Tap on the “Tag products” button and select the ones featured in your Reel.
5. That’s it! Click on “Done” and hit “Share” for your Reel to be distributed into the wide virtual world.
In total honesty, it couldn’t be simpler. However, don’t make the mistake of thinking that any type of content will cut it! For Reels Shopping to work for you, you must put in the work first.
Tips for creating engaging and effective Shoppable Reels
For your Shoppable Reels to strike a chord with your audience, you need a little bit of strategic planning beforehand.
First of all, you have to get on the same page with your brand partner. Needless to say, if you want successful partnerships, you must start by making sure that you and your collaborators share a robust set of values and goals. Yes, it’s mandatory.
With that out of the way, you can focus on bringing in the dough — for you and the brand you’re representing. Here are some tips that will help you make your viewers happy, engaged, and ready to purchase:
- Create a set of essential questions that will help you understand your partner brand’s goals and vision.
- Look for fun insights (consumer truths) related to the product in question; think of things such as: “What habits are connected to this product?”, “What issues do customers face when trying to buy a similar product?”, “What fun daily situations related to this product can you think of?”.
- Research the latest Reels trends and select the ones you think have potential for your specific collaboration.
- Brainstorm a couple of Reels ideas that derive from those trends and are suitable for the message and products you aim to promote.
- Film and edit a couple of Reels and share them with your brand partner.
- Make any necessary minor adjustments and post!
If you want to create engaging Shopping Reels, you essentially need to hop on a cool trend and say something fun, relevant, or engaging that grabs attention while striking a chord. Easier said than done, but not impossible — especially for you!
Ready for Reels Shopping?
Now you know everything needed to start using Reels Shopping and increase your revenue. And because we know just how much work goes into strategizing and creating engaging Instagram content, we’re here to help you schedule your posts.
Leave the heavy-duty work to Preppr while you take care of the creative side of the business. See you in the feed!Start your 10-day Free Trial
Comments are closed.