Facebook is one of the largest social media platforms with over 2.91 billion active profiles. Plus, it is slowly becoming one of the world’s largest marketplaces.
So, it’s a no-brainer for influencers and companies to make use of the world’s largest information platform to promote and establish their brands.
That’s why it’s so important to know how to make a post shareable on Facebook. That way, you can ensure your posts are reaching a wider audience.
Follow this easy step-by-step guide and watch as your Facebook presence gains more interest!
Why Make Your Posts Shareable?
Many people like to keep their Facebook community small and close-knit. But, if you are an influencer, company, or even a small business owner, then making your posts shareable could change your life.
But, shareable Facebook posts are not only beneficial to business owners and influencers. They can also help members of the community spread important information.
Some of the reasons to make your posts shareable are:
- To highlight a local issue or event. For example, there may be a bad thunderstorm on its way and you want to warn people to stay indoors and keep safe. Or, it may be the opening night of your shop or restaurant and you want to let as many people know as possible.
- To share knowledge. If you are an expert in a certain field, you may want to take to Facebook to share some important knowledge about a current event. Having a shareable post means you will reach a wider audience.
- It’s fun. You may have a funny video you want the world to see. Enabling sharing on your post can bring a lot of joy and laughter to the world.
Step-by-step Guide On How To Make A Post Shareable On Facebook
To make a post shareable on Facebook, you need to adjust your Privacy settings. This may differ based on whether you are using the website or the app on your phone.
This step-by-step guide will set out how to make a post shareable on both platforms.
The Facebook App
The first thing you need to do is create the post you would like to make shareable. So, open your Facebook app, head to ‘What’s on your mind?’ at the top of the page, and create your post.
Before clicking Post, head to your name and click on the first drop-down icon to change the privacy settings. Make sure you select Public and then tap on Done.
Once you are finished editing your post, tap on the Post button.
The Facebook Website
If you are on your computer, the procedure is pretty similar. First, you head to the ‘What’s on your mind?’ field. This is either on your timeline or your profile page.
Once you’ve created your post, before hitting the Post button, you will see a pop-up with audience settings under your name. Click on the drop-down menu icon.
Choose Public from the list of available options and viola! Your post is now shareable.
How To Make A Post Shareable On Facebook After Posting
What if you created the perfect post but forgot to change the privacy settings? Don’t worry, it’s still possible to make the post shareable after you have posted it.
All you need to do is head to the post you want to make shareable, click on the three dots at the top on the right-hand side, and select Edit Audience.
Then, change the audience settings to Public.
How To Make All Your Future Posts Public
If you want all your future Facebook posts to be sharable, just follow these quick easy steps:
- Log into your Facebook profile and click on the arrow facing down at the top right corner to open up the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Settings & privacy tab.
- Then you will see another menu with a Settings tab. Click on it.
- A menu will pop up on the left side of the page. Go to the Privacy tab and click on it.
- Under Activity, go to ‘Who can see my future posts?’ and choose Public from the list of options.
Facebook can be a great tool when it comes to spreading information to a wide audience quickly. So, follow this easy guide on how to make a post shareable on Facebook and reap the rewards!
For another nifty tip, check out our article: Pin Your Posts On Facebook To Boost Your Visibility.