How long does it take to get verified on Instagram? And what does it take to get that special blue badge? All brands and Instagram influencers are after that telling symbol of trust and authenticity, but not everybody who applies is able to join that club.
Fortunately for you, we’re going to break down all things verified to help you get yours in no time. We’ll also answer the question how long does it take to get verified on Instagram so that you can get an idea of the general timeline.
What Does It Mean To Get Verified On Instagram?
You’ve seen that little blue sign on your feed, for sure, next to the handles of your favorite celebs and big brands. Not just on Instagram, but on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other platforms, too. But what does it mean?
It means that the brand, public figure, influencer, or company is the real-deal, not a copy account, fan page, or bot. Instagram doesn’t want users trusting in fake impersonators, so they use it to assure you that you’re dealing with exactly who you think. That account is Instagram-verified.
Why Does It Matter If You Get Verified On Instagram?
So what does verification mean for your Instagram?
Enhances Your Reputation
Like we said, having your account verified means Instagram trusts you, which comforts your audience. It makes them feel they can believe in you and what you have to say and what you’re promoting.
Building Brand Awareness
With the status and recognition that verification gives your brands, more users will show interest in your account. The blue badge is eye-catching on a feed or in searches and it gives you authenticated status, impacting the reach of your brand.
Boost Your Bottom Line
How To Get Your Account Verified On Instagram In 5 Steps
- Go to your profile from the account you want to get verified and click on the hamburger menu.
- Select ‘Settings’, then ‘Account’.
- Tap ‘Request Verification’.
- Fill in and upload your details: full name, the name you’re ‘known as’, category of your account, and pictures of your ID and business documents.
- Click ‘Send’ and you’ve applied!
Do not give false information during your application process. If Instagram discovers you were dishonest, they could revoke your verification, or delete your account.
Just stay real, and be honest.
How Long Does It Take To Get Verified On Instagram?
So applying doesn’t mean you’re automatically verified…
With your application delivered, you have to wait on Instagram’s moderators to decide if you’re badge-worthy. They check out your account and determine whether you can receive the symbol.
Take note – this is not a fast-fast process so you can stop Googling ‘how long does it take to get verified on Instagram?’
It can take a couple of weeks for you to get a notification informing you if you’ve succeeded. And there’s the possibility that you may not receive the answer you wanted.
Luckily, all is not lost! You can apply again after 30 days.
What Does It Take To Get Verified On Instagram?
Now that you know how long it takes to get verified on Instagram, let’s see if you stand a chance. You could be super close to getting verified but missing some of these key eligibility elements:
- Unique. You or your business can only have one verified account. Only brands with different language-specific accounts can have more than one verified account. There are accounts that Instagram doesn’t even consider verifying. General accounts like meme and fan accounts don’t qualify for the blue tick.
- Authentic. This is the whole point of verification and the reason why you upload your ID and business documents. Instagram needs to know that the account belongs to a real person or business enterprise.
- Notable. Verification status is not about establishing you as a public figure or brand. You should already have a remarkable presence on the app. The account should be popular in searches and known.
- Public. Part of this public figure condition is that you should have a public account. Instagram does not verify private accounts.
- Complete. Not only should your profile be public, it should also be complete. This means including all information like your bio, a profile photo, and at least one post.
Let Us Leave You With Some Tips…
Met all the requirements above but still rejected? Don’t worry, we’re here for you. Here are some tips to help you out after that 30-day wait.
- Create a buzz by getting your name in the press and on everyone’s lips. The bigger your presence, the more attention the IG team might give you. It’s also more likely you’ll need the badge to deter people from following fake accounts.
- One thing verified accounts tend to have is a huge following. Build your brand reach and increase your following and engagement. Hire a social media manager. Invite people to your Instagram account on other platforms. Hone your social media plan. Do what you need to do to get more followers – except buying followers, of course. Remember: honesty!
- Once again, complete your profile and make sure it’s public! Instagram wants to know who you are and what better place to look than your profile?
- Back to that honesty policy – do not try some back-door route to get your verification! There are tons of scams promising to sell you a badge and that’s exactly what they are: SCAMS! Verification is free and Instagram’s moderators are the only ones who can approve it.
- Breaking Instagram’s member rules is a big no-no. Stick to their guidelines if you want to become and remain a notable member of their community.
- Don’t keep cross-channel links in your profile. Like we said earlier, Instagram is pretty competitive when it comes to using other social platforms, so they will not verify you if you’re constantly asking your followers to add you outside of Instagram.
Next, check out how to get verified on Twitter.